Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sleep... oh how I miss you

Lucy has been growing and changing so much this past week, I've wanted to blog about it and take more pictures, but unfortunately I've just been way to exhausted! I think Lucy decided this week that she had been too good of a baby so far and that her mom and dad needed a challenge. For about 4 nights now, Lucy has been waking up in the middle of the night before feeding time, and then sometimes every 15-30 minutes after she eats. I'm not sure what's going on - we have brainstormed everything that could be causing these disturbances but I just can't figure it out... or my brain has stopped functioning from lack of sleep. I just want my sleepy little girl back! I miss the days when I had to set my alarm so she wouldn't miss a feeding... now we start out in the crib, but move to the pack n play by our bed in the middle of the night so I can pop the paci back in as many as 10-15 times a night.

Called the doctor about it today, but they didn't really have a solution - maybe a growth spurt? maybe just getting used to the crib? who knows! all I know is that I hope this too passes...

Fortunately, Lucy has been all smiles during the day. She continues to amaze me as she grows and changes. She talks all the time now - sometimes even while I'm trying to feed her! In which case we take a break so she can tell me all about the wonders of her world. She rolls on to one side now and can sit on her own in the bumbo! She is so strong! I even put a little piano in front of her and was amazed as she banged the keys over and over again... she's so smart!

I think she's beginning to discover her hands and feet might just be connected to her body...




1 comment:

  1. I love it! It is so amazing to watch them respond to the world around them! I love the talking during feeding - it cracks me up every time Charlotte does that. They just can't wait to tell you something, it's more important than food! She is adorable!
    Sorry you are not getting sleep! Hope it does pass very quickly!!! Charlotte wakes up more often when she goes through a growth spurt... who knows?!

    ReplyDelete